Chinese herbal medicine involves the use of plant, mineral and animal substances that have medicinal properties. Although less widely known in the West compared with acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine is an important component of Chinese medicine practice.
At this Clinic, herbs are available in several forms, depending on your condition:
- Water-soluble granules are the most common as they act rapidly and are easy to take.
- Herbal capsules are a useful alternative and consist of granule herbs inside a capsule.
- Another form is herbal pills. Pills are less strong than granules or capsules and are especially useful for maintenance treatment once the initial health complaint has been resolved.
- Raw herbs are dried plant parts that are cooked into a strong medicinal tea.
- Herbs can also be applied as tinctures, linaments, ointments, washes or creams for external use.