I’m nuts about nuts!
I love eating them and I love how versatile they are – both raw and cooked…
Amazing health boost
When it comes to nuts, walnuts are king, as they contain unique antioxidants and can easily boost your health with just a small handful!
Man’s best friend
Walnuts are a friend in particular to all men-folk out there in regards to reducing the risk of prostate cancer and improving sperm quality!
This king of nuts is rich in:
- omega 3 fats
Restore your health
They are also fantastic for:
- people with heart disease
- aiding brain health
- weight control
- type 2 diabetes
- and even breast cancer
Easy and delicious – try this today!
This Walnut Basil Pesto is so quick and easy to make.
You can use it immediately or store it in the refrigerator in a jar with a layer of oil on top.
It’s delcious tossed with pasta or gnocchi, spread on sandwiches or pizzas, or added to soups and roasted vegetables – so many options!
Walnut Basil Pesto
Makes approximately ¾ cup
- 1 ½ – 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of salt (to taste)
- squeeze of lemon (to taste)
- cracked black pepper (to serve)
- Combine basil, walnuts and garlic in a food processor (or with a stick mixer) and pulse until the mixture becomes course and blended.
- Add the olive oil, pouring slowly to the mix as you continue to process the mixture. Use more oil if desired.
- Season with salt and a squeeze of lemon, to taste.
- Serve with spaghetti and a good crack of black pepper.